Comprehensive inspection - information about photos
You can send us photos of the vehicle for comprehensive insurance, and by doing so, possibly avoid bringing it to a branch for inspection.
Note that this only applies to vehicles that are 6 years old or younger. If the vehicle is older than 6 years, it must be brought to us for inspection.
In order for us to issue comprehensive insurance, the vehicle must be photographed in the following way:
- Photos must be clear and taken in good lighting conditions.
- The vehicle must be clean, and all of its exterior must be visible.
- Photos must be taken corner to corner so that the front end, rear end, and both sides are visible. The license plate number must be visible in photos where possible.
- Photos must be dated on the day the insurance is to take effect or identified in some other way so that it is possible to see on which day they were taken.
- If photos show damages, the vehicle must be brought to the nearest Sjóvá branch for inspection.
See examples of images: